Our Philadelphia, PA team is growing and looking for a Diesel Technician to its team. The Diesel Technician is responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing, repairing and completing preventative maintenance on a fleet of medium duty buses and vehicles. This position requires a working knowledge related to diesel engine diagnosis, repairs and maintenance.
You will need to have an understanding of electrical, hydraulics, PM inspection, PC and some basic software knowledge. We need someone with current experience, who has not been out of the business for more than two years at most!
Benefits: We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid holidays and vacation, disability insurance and life insurance.
• Shift: Monday-Friday
• Perform diagnosis and repair of any bus breakdowns
• Repair and rebuild engines
• Repair transmissions, driveline and differentials
• Perform repairs to engine accessory components
• Perform tune-ups using established procedures
• Repair steering, suspensions, brake systems, frames, axles, electrical, hydraulic and a/c repairs
• Road test vehicles to ensure quality of work performed• Availability to handle after hours calls - (Last truck is usually in by 8pm)
• Minimum 5 years of mechanic experience on medium to heavy duty diesel
• Heavy front end and brakes experience required
• Welding experience / body fabrication – ideally
• Commercial Drivers License (class “A” or “B”) - highly desired
• Strong Diagnostics and preventative maintenance
• Satisfy all Department of Transportation requirements
• Good ethics and integrity with a high attention to detail
About Amerit Fleet Solutions - www.ameritfleetsolutions.com Amerit Fleet Solutions, a certified DVBE, (Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise) is the largest provider of comprehensive, customizable fleet management solutions for large-scale public and private vehicle fleets. As a single-source fleet management service provider, we offer clients unprecedented economies of scale, bottom-line value, visibility and control, continuous improvement and comprehensive business analysis capabilities.The national footprint and services provided by Amerit created set a new standard in the Fleet Maintenance Industry and has proven highly effective in reducing costs and building efficiencies with some of the largest corporate fleets in the US