Trailer Technician(Dry Van): Cedar Falls, IA
Outstanding career opportunity with great starting pay rates/benefits!!
We are on the lookout for experienced Trailer Techniciansto join our growing team. The Trailer Technician will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of Class 7 - 8 trailers, operate vehicles and test all working parts in various functions to ensure proper operation.
**All employees are required to go through a background check; Motor Vehicle Records, Criminal and Drug Test.
B*enefits:*We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid holidays and vacation, disability insurance and life insurance.
- Prepare vehicle records and report both manually and on a computer
- Repairs/maintenance on brakes, axles, wheel-seals, body repairs, roof repairs, floor repairs, panels, tires, welding, and electrical. Also has performed all sorts of DOT inspections.
- Perform safety inspections of equipment and prepare safety documentation required
- Inspect and perform work on the under parts of vehicles/trailer
- Access any area of the equipment or vehicle to perform necessary maintenance
- Move parts to and from the job site and remove or install these parts on vehicle
- Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
- Perform other duties as required
- Must have at least 3-5 years' experience performing vehicle and/or trailer maintenance/AND Diesel Experience
- Must be able to operate a manual transmission vehicle to determine if operating properly
- Must be able to enter and exit the driver's compartment of the truck and/or behind cab using normally available footholds and handholds
- Must provide own hand tools
- Perform DOT inspections
- Ability to follow instructions and complete required training
- Basic computer skills
- Basic written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.)
- Must be able to work with or around chemicals, oils, greases or other irritants The national footprint and services provided by Amerit created set a new standard in the Fleet Maintenance Industry and has proven highly effective in reducing costs and building efficiencies with some of the largest corporate fleets in the US.
About Amerit Fleet Solutions -www.ameritfleetsolutions.com Amerit Fleet Solutions, a certified DVBE, (Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise) is the largest provider of comprehensive, customizable fleet management solutions for large-scale public and private vehicle fleets. As a single-source fleet management service provider, we offer clients unprecedented economies of scale, bottom-line value, visibility and control, continuous improvement and comprehensive business analysis capabilities.