Amerit Fleet Solutions is on the lookout for an experienced Diesel Technician for our Sacramento facility (located just off Hwy 50 and Hwy 16).
Days: Monday - Friday
Sick time you start accruing from day one. Vacation you accrue hours every week until you hit the hour cap. Which equates to about 4.5 weeks of vacation.
This position requires a working knowledge related to Medium & Heavy Duty diesel engine diagnosis, repairs and maintenance. An understanding of electrical, hydraulics, PM and BIT inspection, PC and some software knowledge is required. We need someone with current experience, who has not been out of the business for more than two years at most!
• Prepare vehicle records and report both manually and on a computer
• Perform safety inspections of equipment and prepare safety documentation required
• Inspect and perform work on the under parts of vehicles
• Access any area of the equipment or vehicle to perform necessary maintenance
• Move parts to and from the job site and remove or install these parts on vehicle
• Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
• Perform other duties as require
Benefits: We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid holidays and vacation, disability insurance and life insurance
• Must have at least 5 years' experience performing vehicle maintenance or must possess auto or diesel technology diploma from an accredited technical school
• Class 8 experience
• Must be able to operate a manual transmission vehicle to determine if operating properly
• Must be able to enter and exit the driver's compartment of the truck and/or behind cab using normally available footholds and handholds
• Must provide own hand tools
• Ability to follow instructions and complete required training
• Intermediate computer skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.)
• Must be able to work with or around chemicals, oils, greases or other irritants
• Ability to enter and exit the driver's compartment of the truck and/or behind cab using normally available footholds and handholds.
• Ability to move and position objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to bend, stoop, crouch, kneel and crawl to repair vehicles
• Ability to work outside in various weather conditions.
• Able to work varying shifts.
About Amerit Fleet Solutions Amerit Fleet Solutions, a certified DVBE, (Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise) is the largest provider of comprehensive, customizable fleet management solutions for large-scale public and private vehicle fleets. As a single-source fleet management service provider, we offer clients unprecedented economies of scale, bottom-line value, visibility and control, continuous improvement and comprehensive business analysis capabilities.The national footprint and services provided by Amerit created set a new standard in the Fleet Maintenance Industry and has proven highly effective in reducing costs and building efficiencies with some of the largest corporate fleets in the US.